We’ve been working for the Esher ward since 1976, giving people living and working here a bigger and more direct say about local affairs.
The objectives of the ERA are:
- To foster a community spirit
- To conserve and improve the way of life in Esher
- To provide a forceful public voice on matters affecting residents
- To take action with an on behalf of individuals who need help on local authority matters
- To return representatives to Elmbridge Council so as to be able to carry out effectively the above objectives.
ERA members have one important thing in common: they live in the Esher ward and care about it and about what happens to it. They want to make their own decisions affecting their neighbourhood and their own quality of life.
The Esher ward (which includes West End, Lower Green and East Hersham) is a cosmopolitan community and the ERA has always actively welcomed support from those temporarily resident here.
The ERA is a non-party political organisation whose concerns and activities are confined to the Esher ward and matters affecting Esher – a community of over 2,000 households. It puts up non-party aligned ERA candidates for election to Elmbridge Council. It firmly believes that party politics, of any colour, do not belong in local government at borough level and it has this in common with associations in Thames Ditton, Hinchley Wood, Molesey and Walton all of whom are represented by independent Elmbridge Councillors