Here is the list and status of planning applications in Esher.
2018/2350 3 New Road. On Appeal (June 2019) Detached three-storey building comprising 5 flats with associated parking, bin and cycle storage following demolition of existing building.
2018/2251 3 New Road. On Appeal (June 2019) Detached three-storey building comprising 3 flats with associated parking, bin and cycle storage and relocation of existing vehicular access following demolition of existing building
2019/0189 70 West End Lane. Prior Notification: On Appeal (June 2019) Conservation Area & with neighbouring Grade II Listed BuildingsExtensions and alterations to convert single-storey house into a two-storey house & partial conversion of garage into living space
2018/2506 Land East Of Nanhoran 25 Claremont Lane. On Appeal (Aug 2019) Detached 3-storey house with rooms in roof space, basement and new access from Fir Tree Close following demolition of an existing outbuilding.
2019/0215 45 More Lane. Redevelopment of site to provide a 46 bed care home including new access, associated parking, etc. 50+ objections.
2018/2321 COTE 102 – 106 High Street. Partial change of use of basement from A3 (Restaurant) to D2 (Gym), first and second floor rear extensions, rear dormer windows with rooms in the roof space to create additional dwelling, alterations to fenestration etc
2019/0551 Sandown Park Racecourse. Plans Amended Hybrid planning application Hybrid planning application for the redevelopment of Sandown Park Racecourse in the Green Belt involving: Outline application for the re-development of the site development. 500+objections
2018/3678 1 – 5 Hillside Portsmouth Road. 3-storey building comprising 17 flats and 1 house, rooms in the roof space, underground parking, bin and cycle stores, new access and associated parking and landscaping following demolition of existing buildings. 5 objections. Similar to allowed on Appeal
2019/0426 2 Dukes Road. Additional detached two-storey house, two-storey side extension to existing house and extension to 2m high front boundary fence following demolition of existing side projection and existing garage.
2019/1051 River House, 85 Esher Road, Hersham. Outline application for extension and alterations to existing dwelling to create 12 flats following partial demolition of existing house (for access, layout and scale only). 16 objections
2019/1485 Kebab Shop, 66 High Street Esher. Single-storey rear extension and front glazed screen, external seating area (2 tables ) following partial demolition of existing building.
2019/1132 Pelhams Ridge 1 Copsem Lane. 3 storey building 9 apartments with associated parking, landscaping and bin and bike stores following demolition of existing building. 28 objections inc ERA & CHEA
2019/1827 Land east of 9 Broom Close. Detached three-storey block of seven flats with underground parking and landscaping and new access from Claremont Lane. 5 objections
2019/1993 9 Winchester Close. Retrospective application for two-storey front extension, part two/part single-storey rear extension, first floor rear extension, first floor rear balcony with timber screen and external staircase and extension to existing basement, following partial demolition of existing house
2019/1688 Land South Of Halfpenny Cottage West End Lane. Detached two-storey house with new vehicular access with entrance gates 15 objections
2019/2112 Esher Lawn Tennis Club, 7 Milbourne Lane. Variation of Condition: 4 (Hours of Use) of planning application 2018/2130 (Floodlights) to extend hours of operation.
2019/2119 Warling Dean, 33 New Road. 3-storey detached building with basement car parking of 19 units etc following demolition of existing building and garages.
2019/1957 The Chequers, West End Lane. Listed Building Consent: Blue plaque to front elevation for Bill Bedford
2019/2134 (Claygate Ward) Claygate House, Littleworth Road. Development comprising 50 residential units (11 houses and 39 flats) following demolition of existing buildings. 9 objections, of which 6 are from Esher Residents
2018/3537 19 Riverside Drive. Detached 2-storey house with rear balcony & integral garage following demolition of existing house and garage.
2019/0804 41 Esher Green. Part two/part single-storey rear extension, single-storey front/side extension, front porch & canopy, alterations to fenestration following partial demolition of existing house.
2019/1517 12 Pembroke Avenue. Single-storey rear extension, front porch and alterations to fenestration following partial demolition of existing dwelling2019/1517 12 Pembroke Avenue.
2019/1803 Telecommunications Site Mill Road Industrial Park. Prior Notification Telecom – installation of a 17.5 metre high Phase 5 located on the footpath, to be painted Green RAL60092019/1803 Telecommunications Site Mill Road Industrial Park.
Applications refused OLR=Officer level refusal.
2019/1182 3 New Road. Detatched 3-storey building comprising 3 flats with associated parking etc and relocation of vehicular access following demolition of existing building. Lack of unilateral undertaking.
2018/3714 2 Lammas Lane. Detached three-storey building containing 6 flats with rooms in the roof space, basement parking and 2m high front boundary wall following demolition of existing house. Design would fail to preserve or enhance the character and appearance of the Esher Conservation Area. Lack of unilateral undertaking
Applications withdrawn – none of note.
Applications magically disappeared:
2019/2008 The Old Cottage, Grove Farm, Arran Way. Listed Building Consent: Replacement of roof to cottage, garage and barn, patch repairs to the wattle and daub exterior and renewal of rainwater goods. Withdrawn as admin was incomplete.
Other planning news…
Revisions just published: ‘Making the Decision’ from EBC website
Once a planning application has been validated, we will aim to deal with each application within the statutory time limits. Minor applications should be decided within 8 weeks, major applications within 13 weeks and 16 weeks for applications accompanied by an environmental statement.
The final decision is in the form of a decision notice issued to the applicant or agent. The decision notice will clearly set out any conditions attached to a permission or the reasons for a refusal along with any additional information. Some decisions may not be made until the applicant and other relevant parties have entered into a planning obligation. If an obligation is believed to be required, an applicant will be told at the earliest opportunity so that negotiations over the nature of the obligation agreement can be conducted concurrently with the processing of the application.
Area Planning Sub-Committee
Most planning applications are assessed against our planning policies and decided by managers in the development management team under delegated powers, but some larger or contentious applications are decided by Area Planning Sub-Committee or Planning Committee.
The Sub-Committee will decide the following planning applications:
- All applications (except major) ‘referred’ to a Sub-Committee by a ward member for the ward within which the application is situated shall be done on a conditional basis. Referrals shall be submitted within 28 days of validation.
- Minor applications (1-9 dwellings or non-residential development less than 1000sqm) which are recommended for approval by officers and there are objections from 15 or more householdsor from Claygate Parish Council (if a petition, or an objection letter is received from an organisation such as a residents’ association, political party or conservation area advisory committee each shall be treated in the same way as an objection from 1 household).
- Applications for Permission in Principle which are recommended for approval by officers and there are objections from 15 or more households.
- All applications submitted by or on behalf of members, the council or officers of the council.
The Planning Committee will decide the following planning applications:
- Major applications ‘referred’ to the Planning Committee by a ward member for the ward within which the application is situated.
- Any two members of the Planning Committee have referred an application from an Area Planning Sub-Committee to the Planning Committee provided that they have been present for the complete consideration of that application at the Area Planning Sub-Committee meeting.
- Major applications (10+ dwellings or 1000sqm+ non-residential floorspace) which are recommended for approval by officers where there are objections from 15 or more householdsor from Claygate Parish Council (if a petition, or an objection letter is received from an organisation such as a residents’ association, political party or conservation area advisory committee each shall be treated in the same way as an objection from 1 household).
- All departures from the Development Plan required to be referred to the Secretary of State.